Sunday, May 31, 2015

Six on Sunday - Week 4

I cleaned out my closet some more.  Decluttering is getting easier instead of harder.  The only thing that gave me a bit of a twinge is the robe.  My Grandma made it for me 25 years ago and I wore it forever.  It has giant holes in it, as well as dozens of little holes throughout the fabric.  I have lots and lots of other wonderful stuff to remember her by, and Grandma, herself, would have thrown it out two decades ago.  Bye bye robe!
Three Sweaters, a Robe, a Top, and a Purse - 7.75 Pounds
 Electronics day for Larry.  The printer was replaced a year ago when it started to smoke - scary that!  The scanner has not worked for about five years, and I think the PC ran Windows 95.  We brought the electronic bird home from Shreveport a few years ago; it can completely fly the coop now.
Two Computers, a Scanner, a Printer, a Router, and a Parrot - 61.5 Pounds
Look at how much weight we have gotten rid of already in only four weeks.  I added it up, 111 pounds of stuff.  The clothing in my closet is already hanging more freely.  Someone asked earlier what we are going to get to replace what we are letting go.  The answer is nothing!

Happy decluttering.
Susan

3 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I know how you feel about letting things go. I wore my Dad's housecoat for years after he passed away. But then I out grew it. :( I did find a couple of dozen books to get rid of today....yea!

Jeanne said...

It's good to hear that it is getting easier instead of more difficult to let go of things. I really need to do this. Keep up the good work!

margaret said...

your decluttering is going so well, now you have got into the swing of it there seems to be no stopping you!