Monday, May 13, 2013

Wheelchair Bag for Grandma Vivian

Grandma Vivian just loves her new wheelchair bag.  
She made the needlework squares in plastic canvas a long time ago.
All 24 of them!
The back and front are identical, as are the sides.


I found the squares last fall when I organized her craft stuff.
I showed Larry how to sew them together,
then I whipped the top edge, and put in the lining.
Larry sewed on the handles,
which we put on the ends instead of at the middle.

The bag works really well on the wheelchair.
It even accordions at the seams when the chair is transported.
Grandma was VERY pleased.

Grandma was honored at her church on Sunday for being the oldest Mother present.
At age 101 she had them all beat by a mile. 
They presented the altar flowers to her as a gift.
It was a beautiful bouquet, almost 3 feet across.
It poked me in the arm as we shared the backseat of the car.
lol
Grandma said she had a really wonderful Mother's Day.
And I hope you all did too!

7 comments:

Quilt Kitty said...

Oh Susan, Grandma Vivians bag is lovely, bright & happy. What a nice thing to have happen at church & at 101 I can see how Grandma came away with the flowers. They sound spectacular! Tracee xx

margaret said...

such a cheerful bag and I am sure will also be very useful.
101 well done Grandma,and congrats on the flowers any chance of a photo of the beautiful flowers you so well deserved?

Mary said...

What a nice idea. You did a great job on the bag.

Sue-Anne said...

I love Grandma Vivian's bag, what a great idea to use her craft squares.

Congratulations to her for making it to over 100! In Australia, she would have got a letter from the Queen on her 100th birthday.

Unknown said...

How cute! I am sure that everyone has great comments re the work!

Here in Canada as in Australia a letter is sent by the queen to celebrate

Barb said...

What a lovely wheelchair bag....looks great!

Dorthy of Texas said...

Nice job, Susan. Great idea.