Monday, November 2, 2009

Two Minkee Backed Quilts Completed

I just finished these two quilts yesterday. I tried the new style binding too, using single fold binding instead of double fold. The jury is still out on which I prefer, though the walking foot is a must with the Minkee.
Look how velvety soft the Minkee backing makes these two yummy quilts! They got even softer after I washed them.

There is so much more drag when pushing around the Minkee; I really needed all my upper body strength, but I was able to stipple much larger than usual because of it. Fortunately the quilts only took about an hour apiece to stipple, which is good because I have four more to go. I'm all out of the yellow Minkee, but I have some pink, pale green and turquoise left.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Looks wonderful....

Christine said...

These look very sweet little quilts. Good idea to use the minkee fabric.
Thanks for your good wishes on my blog comments and glad you liked the pictures.

PS. I can't reply to you privately as you are set as 'no-reply'.

Jennifer said...

Great job! Quilting minkee is not easy so I am really impressed with your quilting.

Jennifer :)