Wednesday, January 27, 2010

First Steps Pink & Blue Striped Baby Quilt

Well, this has to be a good sign, right? One of the three "sandwiches" has finally left its perch: And here is an even better sign; it's actually getting quilted: (For some reason, this is the step that always gets delayed. I have a block about starting to stipple and I don't know why. Does this happen to anyone else?)
And here is an even better sign still; the quilting is done and it's been neatly trimmed: I just love the look of stipples up close 8) I can never resist taking a closeup, (though I may have to rethink my aperture, this one's a little fuzzy.)
All these good signs must mean something, right? TaDa!!! All done and laundered. I just have to label it, and that doesn't count! I like the striped binding, too bad I'm practically out of this fabric now.
The Blanketeers have decided (well, Rachel and I have anyway) that we'll participate in the Pat Tillman 42 in 42 Challenge again this year. What this mean is that we have to have 42 blankets done by the end of May. Our stretch goal for the year is 200 blankets, so technically we should have more than that done by then anyway, but that's not how it usually works, you know. lol So what this REALLY means is we have to get busy and STAY busy. Like full steam ahead and man the torpedoes busy, so wish us luck!

9 comments:

Barb said...

Love the quilt and stippling...I too love the stippling look!

Rosa Robichaud said...

LOVE the baby quilts and the stippling! I agree - up close pictures of quilting really takes my breath away! *grin*

Sent you a reply (via email). Hope this works....

Rosa

Terry said...

Love the stippling, and the quilt is Beautiful :) Best wishes for the 42 in 42 and the 200 for the year! OH MY....No way could I get that goal accomplished! You do beautiful work:)

Hugs,
Terry

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS! And super pic of the stippling - i like the blurry background, gives it character!!! Great work - can't wait to see it in person!

Knot Garden said...

Wonderful, your stippling is beautiful. I just love the photo of the quilt all stippled and with the edges cut - so neat.

Unknown said...

I love stippling. I'm addicted to it.
The baby quilt is wonderful. That would be small quilts such as this by the end of May....right?

Sue-Anne said...

Your quilt looks lovely. Isn't it amazing how a quilt comes alive once it's been quilted? You've done a fantastic job with the stippling.

Jacqui's Quilts said...

Yup, gotta be sisters!! I always put off starting to stipple or free motion quilt and once I'm started, I don't stop! Beautiful work. The quilt turned out lovely. And, if you re-read your post, you'll know why you don't get to the cross stitch! Yikes, that's a lot of quilts to finish by May!!!! good luck.

Jacqui in Canada

Joy said...

What an adorable baby quilt! And you do awesome stippling! Good luck with the 42 Challenge!!