Thursday, January 15, 2009

January Challenge Complete!

Last night I finished quilting and binding my pink and green U.S.O. quilt. Now I can turn it in at the Blanketeers meeting tomorrow. I'm very pleased with it; I think it turned out really nice. Best of all, it's DONE!!! My January WISP challenge is fulfilled. Yippee!!





















I stippled in green on the top and pink in the bobbin.


















The floral fabric was from the stash Christine passed on from her friend to the Blanketeers. It was kind of dull, so I tried to perk it up with the pink and green.

















Here's long-suffering Larry. What a gem. It was about 25 degrees out this morning!

4 comments:

May Britt said...

This is a way to use big floral fabics. It is beautiful.

Kama said...

I like this quilt. You have beautiful things on here! I just started quilting and found your blog from quilting blogs. I can't wait to finish my first quilt--you can check out my progress on my blog!

Carolin said...

What a lovley quilt! And what a awesome job on the quilting... did you do it by machine? I'm so horrible at quilting that I decide to not to the quilting on my next big project because it always doesn't turn out the way I want it to!

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog!

Carolin

Joy said...

Beautiful quilt, and your quilting is lovely! Congrats on getting your January "finished object" Challenge done so early!

I am truly enjoying your blog... I'm also a Texas transient.... Spent three years in North Plano (one block from the now-no-longer Dallas North Airport). In fact, my husband still has the big sign from that airport from when they tore it down, stashed in our SoCal garage.... I miss many things about Texas, especially the bluebonnets!

Happy Quilting!
:)