Thursday, August 12, 2010

August Completion: All done!

Here it is, all done. I love the polka-dot border. I think it really sets the quilt off nicely. I've finally learned exactly how to apply a 2 1/2" single fold binding to get the best results. Took me long enough! 8)
Here are the three appliques. I don't think you can tell that they are structural components too. And BTW did this quilt ever shrink! I don't know what was in that batting, but it lost at least 3" in either direction. I've never heard of such a thing! That's more like 8% than 5% shrinkage. It got extra soft too, especially the flannel.
And here's my Sweetie Pie, looking for all the world like the next door neighbor in Home Improvement. He's such a big help to me. 8)


9 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

If he wasn't wearing glasses and had a hat on he could almost be a dead ringer for Wilson!
PS The quilt looks great :-)

Terry said...

Love the quilt, and you worked those appliques in very nicely.
Wow that was a lot of shrinkage, wonder what was in the batting??? Maybe it was the flannel, I've had some flannels shrink quite a bit.
It's so nice to have a good helper:)
Hugs

My Life and Quilting said...

Hi Susan... What a lovely quilt... You did a beautiful job... I just love that you honney holds the quilt for you while you take a picture... :)

Rhonda said...

Hi Susan....the quilt looks great...the colors remind me of something cool and minty. Love the circles scattered around as well.

Leanne said...

Wow that is a lot of shrinkage. Love the shot of your hubby. He does look like the neighbour in Home Improvements LOL.

Sue-Anne said...

It looks fantastic Susan! Say hello to Wilson for me.

Nuestras meriendas y manualidades said...

Gracias tus comentarios y no te preocupes tu español ya quisiera yo escribir ingles como tu lo haces en nuestro idioma.
Preciosos los trabajos, tienes que poner muy amor y paciencia en todo lo que haces.
Saludos desde La Linea-Cadiz-Andalucia-España

Micki said...

I love the quilt! I always have my hubby holding my quilts too.
So cute!
Micki

Jacqui's Quilts said...

Love your quilt Susan! Hubby holds my quilts up for photos quite often too :-).