My good friend, Kerri, made this quilt top for me back in 2003 right after we went on a quilt retreat together in Granbury, TX. I had grandiose plans of machine quilting "flying feathers" all over it, but I never got past marking up one small area. Last year we both got involved in Project Linus and I asked her if she would mind if I completed the quilt (in a simpler quilting style) and donate it from both of us. She thought that was a wonderful idea; and I think it turned out really well. I wish you could see the quilting more clearly (light colored quilts are so hard to photograph). I stippled the dots - I really love to stipple. The edges are simply graduated channels. The colored ladders got a triple balloon treatment that I eventually got a little better at, and the narrow bands got the big X treatment, which I will never do again. It was such a pain twisting the fabric 180 degrees every two inches. Yuck. I should have just stippled it!