This Lil' Twister has been in work for over 6 months. I love the results, but I thought the process was a pain. I started using the Twister as a cutting template, but it has feet where it should have sandpaper and my cuts looked awful. I then used it as a template, penciling, then cutting with a scissors, and that was better. Rosa said she had no problem cutting with the smaller Twister, so maybe it's just me.
My Blanketeer buddy, Rachel, was dismayed by the amount of fabric wasted in the Twister process. She was happy I put all the scraps to work in the outer border. I just love the narrow red border, and to think, I only put it in after the twister/block seams wouldn't match up! I'm going to bind it in the same red fabric for some extra pop. I think it turned out well for two charm packs and some leftovers.
The twister flimsy is actually laying on its backing fabric; I just have to complete the sandwich and it will be ready to quilt. I pieced enough batting for two quilts out of all my leftover scraps on Wednesday and spray-basted them to their respective backs yesterday. I have another flimsy completed out of the fabrics used in the following blocks, but I haven't taken a picture of it yet.