Friday, May 7, 2010

May Completion - The End of an Era

Here it is; the last of the "First Steps" quilt tops, all bound and completed. It really is the end of an era; I've been working on these quilts since June. I think this one was my favorite, with all its deep rich colors.

Plus, the robin's egg blue Minkee is my favorite of the Minkee colors. It's really luscious - so soft and pretty!
This was my best binding so far too; I was actually pleased with the results for a change. I still struggle to get it just right. It's a good thing I'm not too particular. 8)

There weren't even any annoying waves along the edges, or only slight ones anyway. I wish I knew what it was that I did differently to make it come out right THIS time. lol

A big thanks to my DH for helping me get these pictures taken before work today. I had to turn this and the map quilt in at noon today at the Blanketeer's meeting. I didn't even get to enjoy seeing it hanging completed over the stairwell for a few days. 8(

9 comments:

Terry said...

Beautiful Quilt:) I'm still practicing my quilting on the new machine, can't quite get it the way I want, but yours looks wonderful:) Love those colors too. Some child is going to be very happy :) So what's up next????
Hugs,
Terry

Shirley said...

That looks very soft and cuddly Susan and well done on your finish. Hurrah!
Shirley.

Barb said...

Your quilt is just adorable.
I have never worked with minkee, is it easy? I know that Inchworm Fabrics is going to try to offer it at a cheaper rate and was just wondering how it sews.

Jacqui's Quilts said...

Those First steps quilts are really nice Susan! And the backing sure looks soft...is that hard to keep flat? I've looked at it in the stores here and it looks so stretchy. Haven't dared use it for the back of a quilt yet :-).

Jacqui in Canada

Sue-Anne said...

Looks fantastic Susan. Well done on making them all and I'm sure they will be very much appreciated.

Micki said...

It's a gorgeous quilt...gret job!
Micki

Unknown said...

I wouldn't have been able to put it down. It's fabulous, the colours just go together so well.
I love the stippling! Nice quilt holder too!

cbrawner said...

OMG I haven't visited your blog lately. You have really been productive! OPAM what a concept. Your work is BEAUTIFUL!
I love the blue minkie too. This month's quilts are awesome.
Your bee looked like fun, too.
Hope all is well.Take care,
Love, sister Cindi:)

KaHolly said...

Hi Susan, love your quilt! It's so bright and cheery. I was excited to find your blog this evening and to see that you are in Ft. Worth. I lived in Azle for years! I'm back on the East coast now, though, and my daughter migrated further south after college to the San Antonio area. I scrolled through a few of your posts and sure liked what I saw!! I look forward to coming back now and again. ~karen