Friday, March 14, 2008

Copied over from myquiltblog/SusanInTexas

Here is the first Project Linus quilt I made. It's from a pattern called Yellow Brick Road. I liked it because I was able to use lots of leftover fabric from the very first quilt I ever made (1990-2003). I had enough fabric leftover from this rather large throw to make the smaller 9-patch baby blanket shown below with the multicolored binding. All in all I got three quilts out of these fabrics (except for the backing). I think they had us over-buy a little bit for the class in 1990. lol I liked the way the stippling turned out on this quilt and I learned to really love stippling while working on it. I have a Bernina Artista 180 machine that I love dearly, but it doesn't have (and can never have) a stitch regulator so I just have to do the best I can. I've found that if I do lots of stippling in a given day that I'll start stippling in my head when I try to go to sleep. Is that just me, or has that ever happened to anyone else?

No comments: