Friday, January 13, 2012

Cabin Friends

I finished Cabin Friends over the holidays.  I'm very pleased with it, though working with so many browns and greys made me long to do a nice bright project.

It was supposed to have snowflakes in the corners, but I wanted Christmas trees.  They were really fun to embellish, though I should have waited to bead until after quilting.  Live and learn!
I used beads as accents instead of French knots on the eyes to give it more shine.
I added some bling to Frosty's hatband as well.
And each log cabin block got a center bead. This wall-hanging is almost crusty with beads. This wall-hanging is almost crusty with beads. 8)
                       
I made a rod pocket in the back with three button-holes for the hooks.
My stitch-in-the-ditch turned out pretty well this time. I set my machine as slow as it would go, then ran it full out; it took forever, but I got much better results than normal.

6 comments:

Terry said...

Oh Susan, This wall hanging is adorable, of course I'm a sucker for snowmen & Christmas, so this one really speaks to my heart:) Love all the bead embellishment, will need to keep that in mind for future projects. You do such wonderful work! Hugs

Anonymous said...

He's adorable! =) Great quilt.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

How fun! I love snowmen and yours is a cutie! Have a happy weekend!

Michele T said...

This is sooooo sweet! I love the special touches with the beads, I'll bet it looks awesome in real life too! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Mary said...

Yours turned out adorable. I Love the accents you put on it. It is so cute. Great job!!

Valspierssews said...

What a lovely quilt. All the beads look great.