Saturday, January 14, 2012

Country Chain and Cross Quilt Complete

It's done, it's done, it's FINALLY done!  Only took three years.  Three years of the Flynn Frame, falling out of the closet every time I opened the door.
I like how it has turned out very much.  Considering it was initially called the "Ugly Brown Quilt"; it turned out great!
The prints in this quilt came from the donated fabric that went through the Great American Smoke-Out.  Remember "fabric lasagna"?  Thank heavens for Febreze and a sunny day.
This quilt is absolute proof that there is no such thing as ugly fabric, only fabric that hasn't been cut into small enough pieces.
80 small scraps and 160 tiny bits of fabric were used in this quilt.  Most of them were unattractive and any number of them were butt-ugly, and yet the quilt is pretty nice.  It's a wonderment!

9 comments:

Christine M said...

Your quilt looks great Susan.

Mary said...

The quilt looks great. I have heard that phrase about the ugly fabric. Just keep cutting.

suemac said...

I made a quilt with the ugliest fabrics also. They didn't look so ugly after I pieced them.

Sue-Anne said...

Your quilt looks great Susan, congratulations on the finish.

Terry said...

WOW...Gorgeous, you do such beautiful work:) I will remember that there isn't such a thing as ugly fabric...just fabric that hasn't been cut into small pieces, yet. Love that!
I really like visiting your blog...I always learn something new...Like new words - wonderment??? Hve a great day.
Hugs

Annelies said...

Susan it is very beautiful !

Shirley said...

Well done on the finish Susan, you have a great quilt there. I shall remember those wise words on ugly fabrics.

Susan said...

Love your quilt... I always say once you quilt it you will love it.. Hugs
Susan

Joy said...

I love this, it turned out beautifully and was worth the wait!! Did you quilt it with the Flynn Frame? My dad quilts and just got one of the Flynn Frames. He is trying to get up the nerve to try it!