The Blanketeers inherited another sack of fabric, not all cotton, but much better than the old sheets and pillowcases last time. In it was a little quilt top. Let's just say it had its issues.
For whatever reason, it got washed before its time. And in doing so, became the poster child for why 1/4" seams are the gold standard of minimum seam allowances. But after a bit of trimming...
OK, a LOT of trimming; it's little flaws were exposed and sighed over.
Well, a good pressing makes everything look better.
I've decided I'll applique decorative circles over its few little owies. I found a coordinating brown fabric with white polka-dots last weekend for the applique. It will work for the back and binding too. A nice tight stipple should strengthen its mini seams enough for lots of wear and tear. Now I just have to get it done and it will be my August finish. I hate having skipped two months!