Saturday, January 24, 2009

Secret Pal Gift Arrived Today!

I got my January gift from my secret pal today; what a haul! She sent me a lovely card and ten, count'em TEN, fat quarters! What a lovely surprise this turned out to be. Thanks so much, Secret Pal, you're the best!

















Today was a great quilting day all around. I spent a good 5-6 hours working on my latest quilt and got lots of work done. I should probably quit referring to it as the "*Ugly* Brown Quilt" which is how it's labeled in the project list on the sidebar. I've tried to leaven the more unfortunate donated fabrics with some that are a bit more tasteful, and I've designed a very scrappy though structured pattern, which makes good use of all the fabrics. I'm hoping it will end up more charming than ugly; at least that's my goal. I'll post some pictures tomorrow and let you decide for yourself. lol

No comments: