Wednesday, April 8, 2009

More White Fabric!

It was amazing. We ran out of the beautiful white fabric for the Quilt of Valor and we needed some more and what do you know? The first fabric I saw as I walked into the Berry Patch was the white fabric. Yes! What a relief. I was afraid we would have to find another selection for a scrapier look, but we lucked out this time. I was able to buy another yard, which is at least twice what we actually need to complete the quilt.


Of course, I haven't actually *worked* on the Quilt of Valor this week. lol Instead I've spent the week trying to turn a sad little quilt top into a plucky little quilt survivor. I'm happy to say that I believe the patient will live. In fact, while it will never win any construction awards, I think it's going to turn out quite cute. This is a very washed-out picture; it's much more vibrant than this. I got it all stippled in blue thread. Tomorrow I'm going to bind it, not sure what color yet, then I'll take a picture of it outside on Friday morning. Look how flat it is! That was a *major* accomplishment. lol

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's very cute and definitely worth saving. You made the right choice. Once quilted it will look really good.

Kitty said...

Hi Susan - thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I like that quilt top - glad you saved it. You've got some lovely work on display here. My mother is currently making a Dear Jane quilt - in calico and Liberty prints. It's so pretty.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter weekend.

Take care :-)