I made some progress quilting my bunny quilt. I'm pleased with the way the pebbles turned out. I had never done pebbles before. They were time-consuming, but fairly easy. I'm happy enough with the leaf shapes. I got the effect I was going for, and it was fast.
The parts I'm really not sure of are the straight lines on the multi-colored fabric. I wanted to keep it simple, but I'm not sure blue was the best choice thread color. And the straight lines aren't working out the way I thought they would. I'll probably add additional elements between the lines, but I'm not sure what yet. I swear, the most difficult part of free-motion quilting is all the decision-making!
The Blanketeers had a Project Day last Friday where everyone worked on her own Jelly Roll Race quilt. You start with a jelly roll and sew all the strips end to end. Takes forever. Then you divide the long strip in two slightly offset pieces and sew them together lengthwise. Really takes forever! Lather, rinse, repeat. Eventually you have something resembling a quilt top. It is definitely not my favorite technique. I'll probably never make another, but it did completely use up an old jelly roll that was gathering dust in a drawer for the last 5 years.
Actually, this one isn't too bad. I've seen some really butt-ugly jelly roll race quilts, and I feared the worst for this one, but it's not too awful. I have a cool idea for quilting it, but that will have to take a back-burner to the bunny quilt.