Sunday, June 28, 2009

Started Sashing the Quilt of Valor

I'm still missing one large and one small patriotic Ohio Star blocks needed to complete the Quilt of Valor, but I decided not to let that stop me from starting to sash the existing blocks. Sheila made up lots of red and blue sashing, and I've spent part of the day attaching it to one side of the large blocks. Looking at the individual blocks is a good way to identify virtually every possible paper piecing error known to quiltdom; however, when put together, this QOV is going to be one stunning quilt! All those lovely stars; it's going to be really beautiful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that baby quilt you finished. Yeah having photos taken of quilts is hard. Who holds it where is always a problem.
I just discovered adirondak chairs1
They make a great display.
I love the hand work that finishes a quilt. One can see and feel the love...