Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dallas Quilt Celebration Slideshows

Here are some of my favorite quilts from the Dallas Quilt Celebration with links to the slideshow of the quilt on the name of the quilt:

"Beneath the Deep Blue Sea" is in the "Quilters Guild of Dallas, Keepers Quilt Collection, chaired by Consetta Boscardin" (BTW If anyone knows exactly what that means, please let me know.)
"Facade" by Melissa Sobotka of Richardson, Texas took first prize in the "Open Division - Pictoral". Ms Sobotka wrote, "A crumbling facade in Montecatini Terme, Tuscany, worn by time, and masked by failed restoration, possessed great beauty and character - making me wonder what was behind those doors."
"Peacock Squawk" by Kathy Kelly of Waco took 3rd Place in the "Master Division - Art Quilt" category. Ms Kelly wrote, "These 8" square blocks were the prototype for a class project studying the color wheel. Then they unexpectedly took off on a wild bird". There I am, taking a load off, enjoying the back of this quilt, which is completely reversible.
"How My Garden Grows" by Shelly Sutton of Cedar Park, Texas was a terrific colorful quilt that sadly didn't win anything except high praise by everyone who saw it. Ms. Sutton wrote, "I wanted to make a Dresden Plate quilt and this is what happened". Wow.
More to come...

3 comments:

Barb said...

Oh wow....thanks so much for showing them!!

Joan said...

Facinating quilts..thanks for sharing

shellysquilts said...

Hey Susan, Thanks for your kind words about my quilt! You have made my day! Happy quilting!