Friday, July 25, 2008

International Siggy Swap - Femija Arlt

I keep telling myself that I'm not going to use the words "darling" and "adorable" to describe the siggies I get anymore because it has gotten really tired and trite. Then I get a siggy in the mail like this one. And it's got sparklies on it, and it's so... adorable and and... darling, that I just don't know how to describe it any other way! It looks like the centerpiece was cut out of another fabric and machine stitched to the muslin with a very fine zigzag. I like it; it reminds me of the Shrek movies, which were lots of fun. This siggy came with a nice letter from Femija in Altenbeken, Germany. Google Maps is amazing, I was able to plug in some numbers and letters (that don't even look like an address to me) and see a picture of the houses on her street! Altenbeken is a small village near the city of Paderborn and is about 100 miles due north of Frankfurt.

No comments: