Ashley's Aura seemed like it would be simple enough to applique. So, instead of dealing with all those curved seams, so I did it that way. Except for getting the melons sized correctly and placing them just right, this was not a difficult block.
I basted the pattern down to assist with placement, just like I did for Eye of the Cyclone. It only takes a very few minutes to baste down the paper, and you make up the time later because everything comes together so smoothly. I had very little excess of this batik, so I had to be careful with placement; basting helps with that too.
After basting down the pattern, I basted down the melons. This was where I learned that some (most) of my prepared melons were a bit too large due to poor ironing at the points. I corrected the points as well as I could, then basted the melons in place. The actual applique was a breeze after all this preparation.