Thursday, July 23, 2015

Harlequin Johnny - All Done except for the Inset Seams

All twenty-five Harlequin blocks are done, except for the very hardest task - those pesky inset seams! Some people recommend that all the paper be removed prior to attempting the inset seams.  I can see where they are coming from; however, I still have to trim the blocks down, and I would like the paper on for that.  Maybe I should just remove the center paper now since that is the part that inhibits folding to complete the inset seams.


I think I'll do the sensible thing, take out the center paper, and then try sewing the inset seams a few different ways until I hit on the one that gives the best results. I wonder how long that will take?  I have done six of them so far, and they seemed to take forever - only 94 to go.

1 comment:

margaret said...

this is going to be a great quilt, best of luck with those seams