Thursday, July 2, 2015

More Dear Jane progress on H-2, Jacob Anthony and C-4, Tic Tac Toe

I decided to go with applique on the Dear Jane, Tic Tac Toe block to avoid any inset seams.  I created an octagonal pattern out of freezer paper, then pressed it to the back of the block.  The points where all the seams come together were a bit tricky to work with, but it is all basted now.  There was not very much of the dark green fabric left, so the one dark window looks odd to me.  We'll just say it adds interest and move on.  Now I just have to find the time to do the actual applique. 

I had already forgotten the name of the "Jacob Anthony" Dear Jane block, but I did not forget that it still needed triangles appliqued.   The triangles have been made for over a week; they finally got basted down yesterday.

I am looking forward to trimming both blocks to size, then moving on to a different block.  Tic tac toe was lots of work!  In the meantime, we have a wedding to attend, and our friend broke her ankle, so we have been very very busy.  More later.

1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Both look very hard to do. You are sewing right along on these tiny blocks.