Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Quilt of Valor back from the Quilter

I sent the Quilt of Valor off to San Antonio to be quilted and it came back just lovely!
Debbie did a terrifc job on it. She stippled on all the white squares in white.
And put waves of multi-blue quilting in the sashing.
The Ohio Stars are going to really pop after it has been washed and dried.
It even looks really cool on the back!
Thanks, Debbie, for a job well done! Now I just have to trim the edges and sew the binding to the back so Virginia can hand sew it to the front. Virginia, you're a life-saver!
Yesterday was English Garden Sampler day, and I did make some progress, but I don't think it will show up much in a picture. Lots of border backstitching just doesn't give that same look of accomplishment that carving out new territory on a blank canvas does. Maybe next week I'll have more to show on it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I should salute!!!

Larry

Shirley said...

Your quilt is fantastic. You are the star. I am sure the recipient will love it too.
Love Shirley.x

Barb said...

That is justs sooooo beautiful...

Alycia said...

Wow - that is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.... We did a good job. Even though there were doubts.

Virginia

Jo in TAS said...

It's gorgeous Susan!

Elly D said...

Oh Susan this is such a beautiful quilt!