Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cabin Friends Update and a Bunny Picture

I got lots of stitching done during the NFC Championship Game (Go Packers!) My little snowman now has a hat and most of a nose. I'll have to put some of the log cabin's blocks together before I can continue past the carrot, because the little bird extends past the green edge out onto the quilt.
I promised myself that I would sit down at the drawing board and come up with a bunny applique for the French Braid quilt. This is my third and best attempt so far. (The first one was a dead ringer for the rabbit in "Donny Darko" lol. NOT the look I was going for!)
My Mom is the artist in the family, not me, but I'm not done yet. I think the legs need to be a little longer, the body a little thinner, and the whole picture is the wrong size (though a Xerox machine will fix that.) It's good to have something on paper, though. I get nervous whenever I'm faced with a blank sheet of paper, and it's hard to force myself to actually make the attempt, so this is a big step forward for me. 8)

3 comments:

Mary said...

I'm working on the log cabin blocks for this quilt. Cause I am not good on the seam allowances, the blocks need to get done then I can figure what size the snowman will be. Somehow my blocks never seam to be the szme size. I am working at it. Love your snowman. He is turning out great.

Micki said...

The snowman is just amazing! I love it!
Micki

Barb said...

I love your bunny.....