Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cabin Friends and French Braid Update

Work is almost complete on the Cabin Friends central applique. I just have to finish stitching the bird and give him some legs. I had to add some blocks to the side for the little bird to perch on. This part has been lots of fun; I'm almost sorry to be done with it.
And here's the central panel for the French Braid quilt. Design work is so much more taxing than just following a pattern. I second guess every single decision I make. I'm fairly pleased with the shape of the bunny, but now I think it needs some blue plaid accents, or maybe I should stitch it down with a pale blue blanket stitch for contrast, or something... So many decisions!

3 comments:

Annelies said...

I do like the shape of your buny. It is not easy to draw one !

Barb said...

I love that snowman....

You seem to be getting alot accomplished....

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan! Sorry I haven't been commenting, but I have been reading. I am in complete awe over the QOV!! It turned out beyond gorgeous! And I am loving watching the progress on all the projects you are working on. Can you send me the project quilt pattern? I'm dying to get back to sewing but need something simple to work on. Also, thank you for the sympathy card (so very sweet) and as my sister has requested, I have not posted pictures of the babies. Hopefully soon though!