Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cabin Friends Update

I just love working blanket stitch on felted wool. I got the snowman and the bird subunits completed, and I'm still working on the green border. After that, I'll attach the head to the background, complete the hat, add the carrot nose, and perch the bird on it. Piece of cake. ;) Then there's the rest of the quilt to do. At least I have the log cabin squares completed. Oh, and there will be Christmas trees in the corner squares, but I haven't even designed those yet. I replaced the very grayish kit fabric provided with a white/blue felted wool. It looks so much better! Whatever you do, don't try to bleach felted wool. My grey fabric turned pee yellow when I soaked it in bleach. Now wouldn't that have made a lovely snowman? :O

I'm going to post an update on "Cabin Friends" every Sunday. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep it or give it to my sister as a birthday present, but I'm going to make every attempt to get it done by May. I'm hoping regular blog updates will keep me on track.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Great post. I'm just getting into hand stitching. I've purchased several embroidery books and have jumped in....scary but I'm trying.
Take care.

Micki said...

Love the idea of hand sewing the block!
Micki