Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Dreaded Pinch Pleats are Complete

The dreaded pinch pleats are complete! Now if I could just get my serger to cooperate, I could finish the edges properly and be done with them.The latest pleats are being "dressed" using Oxo clips. These clips are perfect for encouraging the pleats to stay pleated.
We ordered a 52-90"black tension rod this evening. It should arrive in a few days. We figured a tension rod was by far the easiest way to hang this valence.By this time next week, I hope to have a picture of these curtains hanging at my kitchen window. It will be my first OPAM finish of 2011, and probably the most satisfying (and certainly the oldest) OPAM finish I've ever had!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing the Pinch Pleats! They look very nice!

Does the serger need to go in for a 5,000 mile checkup?

Love,
Larry

Barb said...

I know you are sooooo happy this is over....now on to the fun stuff!!