Friday, January 7, 2011

New Project - Knitted Farm Play Mat

I bought a book in Green Bay over Thanksgiving called Toy Knits by Debbie Bliss. See, I used to knit a lot and I have a LARGE yarn stash. One of my New Year's resolutions is to use some of it up. 8) I started making the "Farm Play Mat", one, because it's really cool, and two, because it uses many yarns I already have. My current plan is to have it ready for the Peppers & Pinatas auction in fall. Here it is with some of my stash:

It's basically a knit play mat with lots of little farm animals. So far I have just one square of the play mat done. You can see it up there at the top of the picture. Part of my resolution is to do a bit each week and report my progress on "Fiber Fridays". Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh wow...can't wait to see it!