When we got a chance to look at the picture, the frame was indeed tatted, so I got to try my new skills to make a replacement. The pattern did not appear to be very complex; it was a variation on the rings and chains I had used in for the Christmas tree in my first project, with the appropriate picots and joins to make it in the round instead of straight across. When I had a big enough circle to frame the picture, I then made another circle joined to the first one, skipping the ring-to-ring joins so that it would make a bigger circle.
|Tatting Project #2 - Picture Frame, Great Grandmother Marcella and little Katie|
I did very little that was new on this project, but I did have a very definite deadline. The project needed to be completed before we left Green Bay! I tried to put on a few more rings and chains whenever I had some time to do so, then finally glued it all together. On our last day in Green Bay, we presented the finished project to Ida Mae, and she loved it!