Thursday, February 19, 2015

Dear Jane B-2 Sweet Tater Pie

I just realized the last block made me go "Silver" on the Dear Jane list.  Twenty-five blocks completed. Whew!  I get really caught up in them, and don't want to do anything else for a few weeks, then I put them down for awhile.  I went back to a hand-dyed fabric I've had almost forever for the start of Row 2 to get a nice, soft orange amidst all those brights.
B-2 Sweet Tater Pie
I kept telling myself, "Oh, you're short on oranges." or "Oh, you're short on browns."  So every time we went on vacation, I would concentrate on expanding my selection in one or two colors.  We got back from a very successful trip to Green Bay at Christmas, and when I went to select fabrics for my next block, the batiks just came out of the woodwork.  It made it so hard to choose!  I needed a system.  

I decided to cut an old bed sheet into seven sections and pin them to hangers.  I divided my batiks into the seven different "trip" colors and pinned them to the correct sheet, overlapping, but with each fabric at least partially visible.


I think I have enough oranges now...

No comments: