Monday, February 9, 2015

I'm back! Dear Jane F-1 Big Top

I'm resurrecting the blog with the help of my DH as technical consultant/photographer.  I've been working on several very long term (for me) projects, like Dear Jane, so I've been busy.  No big finishes, though, which is OK, because I'm all about the process.  I'll pick up right where I left off, here at Big Top, which uses my all time favorite grass green hand dye from Joy's Fabric.  

I'm really pleased with the paper-piecing on F-1, especially the center.  I wish I could remember what I did to nail it - lol.  The diamonds are another story - so clunky.  And Larry, that thread is going to drive me crazy.  :)
F-1  Big Top

Every Dear Jane block so far has taught me something.   This one taught me that the method of applique I'm using for the melons just does not work for diamonds.  I'm going to switch to standard prepared applique instead of the "flipping inside out" method that gives the melons their nice smooth edges.  But not on this block; this block is done!  

Why did I decide to come back after such a long hiatus?  Well, we have plans.  For one thing, I'm going to try to do a short post daily Monday-Friday.  Larry will have his forum too, - more on all that later.  In the meantime...

Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

Terry said...

Welcome Back!!! I've missed you and your blog reports:) Looking forward to seeing what you are up to. Hugs