Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Dear Jane G-1 Hattie's Hen House

There are so many gorgeous brown batiks that I'm really glad I selected brown as one of the "around the world" color ways for my Dear Jane.  I also love the polka dots!  I never noticed before how many of my batiks have dots; I'll have to work to not make that a theme.  lol

I like blocks that are made like this because I had two chances at getting the center just right.  I get to pick the better of the two centers; that's always nice.
G-1  Hattie's Hen House

My DH, Larry, has started refurbishing vintage sewing machines.  (Aren't I a lucky girl!)  Since June he has collected eight Singers, some in decent enough shape, but most in a rusty "boat-anchor" state of decrepitude.  We'll be sharing progress photos of his journey in the upcoming weeks.  He has also learned to tat (and not as a punishment for wrongdoing. lol)  We're thinking about having "Tatting Tuesdays" here on the blog.  In the meantime,

Happy Quilting!

No comments: