Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Dear Jane E-2, Merry May Complete

Merry May is the last of the vacation applique blocks, though I actually finished it at home last night while catching up on Game of Thrones.  I like the simplicity of this block, plus it is an excellent showcase for an interesting batik.  I only wanted touches of the dark tones to show to add interest to the block.  There is actually a large blob of dark red hidden below the upper melon; you can see it barely peeking out on one side.



I have made this block before.  I am not sure what I was thinking in 2008 with my wild and crazy color choices.  I think using the white muslin against the batiks is a much more livable solution.

1 comment:

margaret said...

block looks great in batiks, I am trying to build a stash of them at the moment