Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Dear Jane B13 - Four Corner Press

I asked for fabric for Christmas and my niece, Kate, knocked it out of the park.  She gave me a gorgeous selection of fabrics, including the batik centerpiece on this Dear Jane B-13, Four Corner Press.  It is very different from all my other batiks - almost an indigo.  

B-13 differs from all other DJ blocks in that it replaces muslin with another fabric.  I wanted to keep the muslin stand-in very light, with high contrast to the focal fabric. When I saw these two fabrics together I knew I had my Four Corner Press.

Dear Jane B-13 - Four Corner Press
I could not resist fussy cutting the batik to showcase a single flower, but I let the four corners fall where they may.  The light blue is a hand-dyed from Joy's Fabric.  Her hand-dyed pastels have a wonderful texture - very soft and rich.  We run into Joy at virtually every quilt show we attend, and I never make it past her booth without making a purchase; her selection of fabric is top notch.

Is it not great every once in awhile to come across a super-simple Dear Jane block?  I think Four Corner Press certainly fits that description.

Well, who woulda thunk it?  Row B is complete.  Saaaalute!

Happy stitching,
Susan in Texas

No comments: