Friday, April 3, 2015

Harlequin Johnny - Paper Piecing Complete

I completed the 100 harlequin units last night.  I love how they look next to the corner units.  It is hard to believe it went from such a big mess to neat stacks of tidy little units.  I do love paper piecing!  

The only problem is, after I had completed about half the units, I realized I had forgotten to "mirror" the unit, and the purple ended up on the right side instead of the left.  Sigh.  If I had a dollar for every time I forgot to mirror a unit, I could go out and buy one of those gorgeous, but pricey, "Be Colorful" quilt patterns.  Larry says I am being silly, and that it looks the same either way, but I liked it better the other way.  Oh well, too late now.


Here is the giant milk glass goblet I was talking about yesterday.  I use it to hold my crumbs.  You can see the handle of my scrap basket peeking up past my Koala - that holds the larger scraps.


The goblet is only supposed to be a temporary crumb stop, but the tupperware container I use to store my crumb collection is really full.  I looked for a small basket at the Dallas Quilt Celebration, but I could not find the right size.  I will have to empty is soon; it is starting to overflow.


I do enjoy reviewing the archeology of my crumb collection.  The yellow at the bottom is from my last Dear Jane block, all the green and black is from Grand Illusion and there is one bit of batik from Harlequin-Johnny on the very top, though it looks almost black in this picture.  I do love using Grandma's milk glass.

Happy quilting everyone!
Susan in Texas

No comments: