Thursday, April 9, 2015

Spring is blooming at the Botanic Gardens and a Start on Dear Jane C2 - Streak of Lightning

We had fun on Easter at the Fort Worth Botanical Garden, even though the rain threatened us the entire time we were there.  Here is my dear husband, Larry, tatter extraordinaire, and resurrecter of Singers, peeking through a beautiful blossoming cherry.  We are so lucky to have such a wonderful (and free!) place to enjoy nature right in the heart of Fort Worth.


I got started on my Dear Jane block, C2-Streak of Lightning, though only the center section is completed.  Instead of having four inset seams, I think I will just applique the center to a single piece of muslin, then applique the purple diamonds to the muslin.  Easy peasy, and more handwork to take along on vacation.


It still has the papers on, so it will barely stick to my design wall, and every edge insists on curling, but this part of the block actually turned out really well.  I had to fussy cut the purple like mad to eliminate the crazy wild pink in this batik.  You can see a hint of the pink in the lower diamond.  You just never really know how a lively batik like this will make up in a block.

No comments: