Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Dear Jane H-1 Peek-a-boo

This block made for a nice, simple change of pace after all that applique.  Such easy construction for a change; and this one went together very nicely, which is not always the case.  I love this batik, with its little hints of pink and purple. Of course, I love most batiks, lol, especially the ones I end up purchasing, so that's no surprise.  I find myself cutting gaping holes in my collection to get to that perfect section with the "best" colors.  It's all part of the fun of making a batik/hand-dyed Dear Jane.
H-1 Peek-a-boo
Another part of the fun is selecting the perfect batik for the next block.  My batiks were scattered all over my sewing room, so I developed a system to display and hang all the batiks in each colorway.  It really adds a lovely splash of color to my studio without taking up any additional space.  More on that later, also, Larry is working on a mystery tatting project.  Mystery tatting?  Who knew?  In the meantime,

Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Your Dear Jane is going to be beautiful. Love the batiks.