Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Albuquerque Quilt Shop Hop - Part 2

Getting back to the shop hop, the second store we went to was Quilting from the Heart. It was a smaller, quieter store than Quilt Works, but still had a very nice selection.






I particularly liked this quilt in the window:





Here is the classroom side of the shop. I'm guessing this is where Linda's Dear Jane group meets. It's a very nice space, with lots of beautiful quilts on the wall.


I ended up buying fabric here too. I'm going to make an abbreviated version of the "Fantasy Pony" quilt. I'm going to leave off one or two of the outer strips to make it smaller, then I'll donate it either to the USO or Project Linus. It's really going to be cute, and since it's really just a panel with edge strips it should go together really fast.

No comments: