Monday, June 16, 2008

The Albuquerque Quilt Shop Hop - Part 1

The ladies of the Dear Jane list supplied me with three shops to visit in Albuquerque; do they ever know their LQS's! The first shop we visited, Quilt Works was really hopping. I got there just as a class got out and it was filled to the brim with loads of people and wonderful fabrics.


I couldn't wait to get inside!













The selection was just overwhelming, especially since I had such a short time to shop.







I had to call Larry back from the "Man Store" two doors down to help me down-select my fabric choices.









He was a huge help to me!








This was a very lively, pretty shop, with a very impressive selection of fabrics; I've never seen so much Laurel Burch in one place! I ended up getting some really fun flamingo fabric, some lovely half price fabric for quilt backs, some flying eagles fabric for the back of my proposed Thunderbird's, a perfect piecing video and some lovely southwestern fabric for someone who had a birthday recently (don't worry, Cindi, I don't mean you!)


Here's my hero doing the whole "payment thing".








Here are some of the gorgeous quilts they had on display!


No comments: