My units are coming out nicely, though they all need to be pressed. They might look a bit wonky, but they are all very close to the right size. All that sliver trimming counted for something!
I have started work on a paper prototype of a stand-up needle case. I still have to determine how tall I want it to be, then figure out how to make the top work out correctly so it comes together nicely. I will have to put my thinking cap on for that part.
I started the needle case with a hexagon base because I have six types of needles that I regularly use: embroidery, sharps, betweens, tapestry, chenille, and millinery. I think it would be nice to have a separate place for each needle type.